Tuesday 4 September 2012

4

The Pillow Fight

Do not be fooled by the innocuous (albeit heinous) appearance of the below cushion, it is responsible for at least 75% of all inter-child fights in this household.
terrible cushion

They have literally torn it apart in their fervour to Be The One With the Ugly Pillow. Kids, eh?

new cushions 002

If the adage the things are as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside, this pillow proves that the converse is also true. Such craftsmanship. In my defence, this is the very first thing I ever sewed about six years ago. Forgive me, I knew not what I did.

new cushions 003

After escalating tension, I found myself regularly confiscating and hiding this cushion various places around the house so they couldn't fight over it. And this is why we can't have nice things. Or, you know, just things.

cushion Collage 3
RIP, fugly pillow.

4 comments:

  1. ooh, but the care bears pillow is so cute! great replacement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely spotty pillow :) They look so soft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pillows look just right for a fun pillow fight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great top! look the longer back idea, I tend to wear longer tunics or dresses over jeans, as I too get sick of bum cleavage when sitting down!!
    kx

    ReplyDelete