Wednesday 18 March 2009

5

'Stop chatting and get back to your sweatshop'

Can you believe my childminder said that to me today when I was procrastinating hanging about after dropping Maia off?! Why would she say that?! I mean, people in sweat shops work incredibly long hours in squalid conditions, with few bathroom or meal breaks, churning out garment after garment after garment... All right then, she has a point. I've had thirty orders in the last week (italics denoting shock, gratitude and exhaustion). Sixteen were patterns, but fourteen were clothes. I am more or less keeping up, to the detriment of my beauty regime, social life, determination to keep the house clean, and sleep schedule. For dramatic effect I'm ignoring the fact I haven't had a beauty regime or a social life for years, and I've never had any determination to keep the house clean. I did used to sleep though. It was a while ago, but I remember liking it.

And here's what I've made:

The Hoodies:

Yippee Cowboy Zippy Hoodie

Panda Power Zippy Hoodie

Retro Boombox Hoodie


The shoes:

Sage babycord apples and Turquoise and chocolate spots

Organic t-shirts:

Yippee cowboy applique
The tunics:

Blue apple babycord

Red leapfrog (two of 'em!)

Mossy green babycord with cherries
The peasant dresses:

Yui Kokeshi Japanese dolls

The asymetric jackets:

Orange bird print with black and white polkadot cord (another three!)

The buttons are always different, I like these best!

5 comments:

  1. Sob! My orange/polka dot coat isn't unique any more!! OK, so long as the others haven't gone to Brighton (or actually, the entire SE of England area), I won't complain too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're safe, Myf, two to Canada and one to the States!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew! I wonder if any were through Babygadget. Hope so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, well done you!! I always feel bad saying how busy I am so I know how you feel, its busy but its good. I'm told that sleep is sooo over-rated anyway ;)
    I am really thinking my little girl needs your swing jacket..oooh resist Nicola!! well at least until the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you've been super busy! the japanese doll fabric is sooo cool - i want something made of it!

    ReplyDelete