Tuesday 3 March 2009

1

It's all about 'tea' these days

I'm pretty excited (but a little bit nervous) that I've signed up to do my first swap! The lovely Vonnie at Blottedcopybook has arranged a 'Time for Tea' swap through her blog and after swithering for a bit, I've signed up. It must have been synchronicity, because this is another matinee coat I made over the weekend:



I've had this tea cup print fabric for a long time, but didn't really know what to do with it. I'd always had in mind to do a little tea jacket for tea parties (I know, I'm so post-modern) but couldn't decide on a style. If I'm honest, I wanted to do a little number with puff sleeves and gathering on the bodice but I just don't have the time just now to come up with new patterns. I do still have enough of this fabric to make something else though...

The reverse side is my ubiquitous green velveteen, which still refuses to photograph well.

1 comment:

  1. Hiya - I'm doing the swap too & am just having a nosey round everyone's blogs. Great jackets! You make some lovely things.. :)

    ReplyDelete