Monday 16 February 2009

0

Don't underestimate the buddha belly


I drafted a little reversible waistcoat to match the reversible trousers and skirt from last week. I wanted it to be quite neat fitting and figured 'Hey, little bodies are like tubes...' so it's basically the same width through the chest and waist. Except Maia is not a little tube, she's a Buddha.


I could get the top button done over her chest but couldn't get the two lower buttons fastened over her capacious belly.

I'm not sure if I'll re-draft the pattern to fit as I primarily made it for reversible tute purposes. Is there any demand for little waistcoats?!

Anway, here it is apple side up:


And dotty side up:


Other than the fact it's unwearable, it came out pretty cute! So what do you think, back to the drawing board or on the shelf?

No comments:

Post a Comment